Being new to Asheville, my new roommate is always trying to show me the spots in town that "I have to know about!" Today for lunch we went to this "healthy" semi-fast food burrito shop. Someone stop me when you hear something that doesn't sound quite right.
Upon entering this establishment I start searching the paper menu that has been shoved into my hand...Carribean jerk, thai, curry, greek (isn't that a gyro???)...sooooo you're telling me that you don't make any Mexican style burritos? Just because it's in a tortilla with rice, beans and cheese and comes with a side of salsa doesn't make you a burrito!!!! Wait...does it?
The definition of a burrito that pops up on my dashboard (I'm a Mac!) is "a Mexican dish consisting of a tortilla rolled around a filling, typically of beans or ground or shredded beef." Huh, well paint me orange and call me Cheddar, they are burritos!!! Thank you, Lucky Otter for opening my eyes. Also thank you for making that cheese that doesn't even solidify when you take it home and put it in the refrigerator.
Love the Blog! You should read mine too!
ReplyDeletehttp://cacklesandcheese.blogspot.com/
hope Ashville is great. I will be there in two weeks for just a day!